Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Leonora Hamill: " Art in Progress "

 Winner of the 2012 HSBC Prize for Photography, the Franco-British artist Leonora Hamill started Art in Progress three years ago while she was doing an artist's residency at the Academy of Fine-Arts in Guangzhou, China.

Art in Progress features a selection of images from Hamill's extensive exploration of art schools across Europe, Asia, Africa and the Americas. Her photographic series of empty studios contributes to a greater understanding of the vital role contemporary art plays in an ever more global cultural dialogue. Her images, shot with a large format camera, allow the viewer to imagine the artistic experimentations that took place in these schools.

Art in Progress will be on exhibit at Podbielski Contemporary, Berlin
From March 10 to May 5, 2012
Leonora Hamill's first monograph published by Editions Actes Sud, will be launched during the opening week of the Rencontres Photographiques d'Arles in July 2012.

Leonora Hamill lives and works in London and Milan.

Art in Progress
Copyright © Leonora Hamill
Sculpture I Paris, 2010
Drawing I Hanoi, 2010
Painting III Warsaw, 2011
Painting II Havana, 2009
Photography I Poznan, 2010
Sculture II Saigon, 2010
Sculpture I Baroda, 2011
Sculpture I Santiniketan, 2011
Sculpture I Tetouan, 2011
Painting I Krakow, 2009
Drawing I Liege, 2010 


Courtesy of Leonora Hamill
This post is featured on the Huffington Post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks everyone for your nice comments! Keep checking this blog, cool posts everyday except on weekends..... Cheers!